Thank you for choosing Pediatric Cardiology Associates for your child’s care. Please read the information below to prepare for your child’s visit. If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to call our office, we are here to help.
How to prepare for your visit?
- Print directions from our website ahead of time
- Print registration forms located on the Visit Form Tab, if you wish to do this in advance. They are also available at the office at the time of your visit, if you do not have the ability to print them ahead of time.
- Please allow time for your visit. While we strive to see patients at their scheduled appointment time, the doctor may request a variety of diagnostic tests. Depending on the tests ordered, your visit may last more than an hour.
- Please do not put any lotion or powder on your child prior to your visit. We almost always perform an EKG, which requires sticking electrodes to the skin. We cannot get a good reading if the electrodes do not adhere properly.
What to bring?
- Photo ID & Insurance Card
- A note from the parent/guardian, if you will be sending your child with someone other than a parent/guardian
- A referral, if your insurance carrier requires one
- If you wish to fill out the registration forms in advance, please locate them on the Visit Forms tab, print, complete and bring them with you on the day of the visit
Specific testing instructions
STRESS TESTS - If your child is coming for a stress test, have them eat a light breakfast or lunch the day of the test, but nothing to eat one to two hours before the test. No caffeine the day of the test, this includes sodas, chocolate, coffee, or tea. Bring comfortable clothes to exercise in, rubber soled shoes with ties or Velcro, a towel, and water bottle. Females should wear a sports bra or bathing suit top and no under wire bras.
FETAL ECHO – If you are coming in for a fetal echo, please print and complete the Fetal Questionnaire found under the Visit Forms Tab. You may also do this at the time of visit, if you do not have the ability to do this in advance.
Late Arrival / Cancellation / No Show Policy
It is very important that you arrive on time for your appointment, as squeezing in late arrivals is very challenging for our specialty care. If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, we will explore all available options on our schedule but may not be able to accommodate your needs. We may be able to fit you in at a later time, book you with a different physician or may need to reschedule your appointment for another day. We do require a minimum of a 24 hour notice for all appointment cancellations and may apply a $25 cancellation/no show fee.